Bahia Del Sol and Bocas Del Toro
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read this entire FAQ before making a reservation and it will help you determine if your the type of person who would enjoy being our guest. Thank You – Bahia Del Sol
Type of People That Will Enjoy Bahia Del Sol
You will enjoy your stay at Bahia Del Sol if the following list describes you. We have met so many interesting people during our time at Bahia Del Sol and look forward to meeting many more in the years to come. 98% of the people that book with us love their time here and many extend their stays after they arrive but some come to Bocas expecting it to be like it is back home in the USA or Europe and that it is not. We have wireless internet to keep you in touch with the world but you are coming to a tropical island that most likely is very different than what you are used to. For this reason we find living in Bocas an adventure and we hope you find traveling to Bocas and staying at Bahia Del Sol an unforgettable experience.
- You will enjoy Bahia Del Sol if you prefer staying inside of a Panamanian community and outside of the commercial districts
- If you are not addicted to AC and prefer a sea breeze
- If you are laid back and like the tranquility of being far enough away from town that you just hear the waves at night but only a 5 min cab ride or 15 min walk to many restaurants and night life activities in Bocas town
- If you have a open mind and enjoy adventure in life
- If you took the time to read our many Tripadvisor reviews. Yes we know we do not have 100% positive reviews but the 98% that are will give you the best picture of what you as a guest will experaince while staying at Bahia Del Sol. So read several reviews and if this sounds like your kind of place PLEASE come back and make a reservation on OUR website for the best prices always.
Types of People That Should Probably Not Make A Reservation
If the following list describes you then we suggest you not book with us at Bahia Del Sol and select one of the hotels in Bocas Town or maybe just go to an all inclusive resort and skip Bocas all together on your next trip. We are not trying to be rude just real.
- You should most likely look for accommodations elsewhere if you think coming to Bocas and staying at Bahia Del Sol will be like going to a all inclusive resort in Cancun (we serve you a laid back but great breakfast) but how you enjoy your adventure in Bocas is up to you.
- If you must have AC (we do have some rooms with AC but only because they have no sea breeze) If you require AC check with us FIRST before booking.
- If you are scared of locals and think people that don’t look like you or are not from your same income level are dangerous (you would be amazed with some people)
- If you prefer to isolate yourself with other tourists and stay clear of the local communities
- If you are not into a laid back lifestyle
Saigon Bay is a quickly developing area comprised of a mixture of well built
homes and locals who are living in typical poor Caribbean style. There is a
new sewer in the area , and trash service has also recently begun.
We have done our best to provide western conveniences inside the home, but
keep in mind that the locals live at a third world standard, and that is the current culture.
Bahia Del Sol is comprised of four available bedrooms. Two standard rooms, 1 double suite and the Master suite. Next door at Casa Rosada are 3 additional rooms including 2 seat front standards and 1 seafront master. The 2 homes are side by side and connected with an over the water dock. Casa Rosada is a bit more rustic than Bahia Del Sol but just as charming. Please go to the ROOMS page to check out more details on the rooms in each home.
Bahia Del Sol is fully equipped with bedding, linens and towels, and cooking supplies.
WiFi Internet is free and available in both homes. Maid service is provided daily.
Water and Hot water are standard but sometimes one or both stop working. These
are issues that we can not control and if you happen to be with us during a outage
I hope you understand its part of island living sometimes.
The weather here is highly variable and one December can be very wet and the next quite dry. It
mostly rains more at night than in the day. The sky can open up and deliver more
water than you thought possible, sometimes with very dramatic lighting and
thunder, all part of the tropics experience. You can view online weather reports but we find them highly inaccurate for the area. If your the type of person who will have your vacation ruined if it rains then DON’T BOOK AT ANY TIME OF YEAR and PLEASE DON’T COMPLAIN when we can not control the weather upon your arrival. The type of guests that enjoy Bahia Del Sol and Bocas Del Toro typically are capable of having fun in varied weather conditions because they understand they are traveling to a tropical island.
There are a wide variety of excellent restaurants in Bocas and on the surrounding
islands. Fare of nearly every kind can be found, including Italian, seafood, steaks, Caribbean chicken, Thai and Indian. We can make personal recommendations depending on what you are looking for so just ask.
Town is located five minutes by taxi or a fifteen minute walk. You can easily walk
anywhere you want to go in town. The only roads are on Isla Colon and in Bocas
town. Prices are very reasonable. Bocas has been called “the Venice of Central
America”, as most transportation is on the water. Commercial water taxi
companies are easily found on the waterfront, and can be arranged to pick you up
from Bahia del Sol.
You must pay your deposit with credit card . A 50% deposit is due upon booking the room. This deposit
is non-refundable with less than 30-day cancellation notice. If you wish to pay via
another method you may contact us but credit card is preferred.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT AMERICAN EXPRESS CARDS CURRENTLY.
PLEASE CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION 30 DAYS BEFORE YOUR
SCHEDULED ARRIVAL TO AVOID LOSING YOUR DEPOSIT.
Water, electricity and Internet come and go in Bocas. This is the price we pay for
living in the tropics. However we do our best to keep our water tanks filled and life
comfortable at Bahia Del Sol. Please conserve water, turn off your faucets and do your part to help while with us.
A beach for swimming is located 100 meters from the house. Beaches for surfing
are 20 minutes away. We can recommend surf tours from Bahia Del Sol so just ask if interested.
US dollars. The island has two ATM machines that give credit card advances.
Traveller’s checques can be cashed at the local bank.
We do have a night watchman that patrols all our properties every-night and can also be very helpful if you lock your keys inside, need some advice or just want to have a chat with a friendly local.
The hospital is located 500 meters from the house. All people are admitted at no
or very minimal cost. The hospitals are based on US standards and are equipped
to handle most basic health related issues. They are not the best for serious emerginces but can handle most minor emerginces.
Why is Bahia Del Sol only taking reservations till Feburary 2017?
From March through October 2017 Bahia Del Sol will be presenting a new style of shared longer term lodging for remote digital workers. You can check out what we will be doing at CoWork, CoLive, CoGive. We plan to open again with daily B&B style rentals for November through February of next year as well. If you would still like to come during this time but you are not a remote digital worker contact us anyway and we can most likely help. We also manage KoKo cabins that is located right next door to Bahia Del Sol and takes daily rentals year round.